With the warmer weather here, it’s time to begin your sprinkler system start up and start watering again. Turning on your sprinkler system for the season is a little more involved than just flipping a switch or turning a handle. This is the best time to run through the system and adjust or replace any misaligned or broken heads.
Run the entire sprinkler system, one zone at a time. As you do this, check for:
- Clogged nozzles and sprinkler heads.
- Signs of leakage, especially damage to sprinkler heads or piping which could have occurred over the winter.
- Accurate spray patterns. Your sprinkler heads may need to be adjusted so they water your landscape and not sidewalks or pavement.
Choosing a professional irrigation company to complete your start up is recommended for the following reasons:
- Professionals are trained and experienced to find leaks that others may not notice.
- They can suggest improvements or repairs for your irrigation system that will save you money.
- Best of all, it’s a headache free experience that can save you a lot of time.
During a typical start up you can expect a professional company to complete the following tasks:
- Turn on your irrigation system water source.
- Check the whole system and backflow prevention device for leaks.
- Ensure each zone is providing complete water coverage and adjust individual heads as needed.
- If you have a rain sensor they will check on it to make it works properly.
- Program the irrigation system controller with season appropriate settings.
Remember, it is always best to hire a qualified professional contractor when performing tasks like Spring Start-Up. Digital Rain Sprinkler System technicians are experts in proper sprinkler system requirements. Our maintenance schedule will ensure a water-efficient system and years of trouble-free operation.
- Checking lines and heads for leak
- Checking heads for proper operation and adjusting as needed
- Testing rain sensors (if applicable)
- Setting control start and zone run times (for spring watering)
- Completing minor repairs needed
Taking these simple steps for spring irrigation start up, you can avoid disastrous water wastes and replacing potentially expensive sprinkler parts. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need. Call us today 402-934-7900 or visit our website now.
Summer, here we come!