Consider Drip Irrigation.
Studies show that drip irrigation systems use 30 – 50% less water than conventional watering methods, such as sprinklers. Drip irrigation is the slow, precise application of water and nutrients directly to the plant root zone in a predetermined pattern. Drip irrigation helps maintain the root zone at ideal moisture level, encouraging the formation of deeper roots and more abundant foliage, at the same time saving water through reduced evaporation and runoff.
- Improves growth – Smaller amounts of water applied over a longer amount of time provide ideal growing conditions. Drip irrigation extends watering times for plants, and prevents soil erosion and nutrient runoff. Also, because the flow is continuous, water penetrates deeply into the soil to get well down into the root zone.
- Discourages weeds – Water is only delivered where it’s needed.
- Saves time – Setting and moving sprinklers is not required. A timer can be added to the system for automatic watering.
- Helps control fungal diseases, which grow quickly under moist conditions.
- Adaptable – A drip irrigation system can be modified easily to adjust to the changing needs of the seasons
Properly designed, installed, and managed, drip irrigation may help achieve water conservation by reducing evaporation and deep drainage when compared to other types of irrigation such as flood or overhead sprinklers since water can be more precisely applied to the plant roots. In addition, drip can eliminate many diseases that are spread through water contact with the foliage.
Because of the way the water is applied in a drip system, traditional surface applications of timed-release fertilizer are sometimes ineffective, so drip systems often mix liquid fertilizer with the irrigation water. This is called fertigation. The chemicals may be added constantly whenever the system is irrigating or at intervals. Fertilizer savings of up to 95% are being reported from recent university field tests using drip fertigation and slow water delivery as compared to timed-release and irrigation by micro spray heads.
- Custom installation designed specifically for your landscape and your needs
- Available with rain sensors, timers, and online operation capability so you never run the risk of over watering
- From the industries most reliable manufacturers including Toro, Hunter and Rain Bird
Digital Rain Sprinkler Service can evaluate any problems with your existing system and offer a cost effective solution to help you save water and in doing so, save money.
Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service or call 402-934-7900 today.