Carl Jarl Group | Our Promise to You- Convenience – Peace of Mind – Protection<!–
It is time to consider that irrigation system you have been planning all winter. Choose our professional landscape and irrigation services to help you with your new sprinkler system. The experts at Digital Rain Sprinkler Service are here for you.
Some advantages of having an automatic underground irrigation system include:
- Convenience — you don’t have to spend hours manually watering your lawn and plantings
- Low water usage, no water runoff from over watering
- Extend the life of your lawn and expensive plants
- Increase the value of your home
What to expect from us:
- We will answer all your lawn and garden questions.
- We provide a detailed job estimate with specific costs and product recommendations.
- We install only top quality water-efficient systems using
the latest water saving products.
- Compliance with all local codes and regulations
- Friendly service, with a smile!
A professionally installed sprinkler system by Digital Rain Sprinkler Service is the best investment you can make to your home or business. There is not an easier or more cost effective way to increase the value and curb appeal of your property.
Our professional irrigation designers will customize a state-of-the art system for your property that will efficiently provide water; a real asset with today’s environmental concerns. Our skilled crews will then install your system with modern installation techniques that virtually eliminate any damage to your existing landscape.
Save money, save time. Time to enjoy your summer.
We’re here for you after your installation. Our relationship continues after the sale with no-hassle preventative maintenance services like annual system winterization and spring start up.
Keep in Touch – Sign up Here for our newsletter, emailed to you 3-4 times a year. Great tips, specials, and reminders.
Contact us here or call 402-934-7900 to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system.
The durability of your sprinkler system is determined by the care it is given. If your sprinkler pipes freeze during the winter because they were not properly winterized, there is a chance that your pipes will either crack or your sprinkler heads will become damaged.
What We Do :
Our technicians will turn off the water supply, clear and prepare all the lines to prevent freezing, and leakage. The cost to make repairs on systems which have frozen is great and a bit of prevention each fall will ensure you are leak-free and ready to water your lawn and landscape in the spring.
1. Shut off water pressure to your irrigation system
2. Open main drain valve to drain out main line
3. Open drain valve inside electric valve box to drain lateral lines
4. Manually open all electronic valves to allow lateral lines to drain into mainline
5. Keep valve solenoids and bleeder valves open for winter
6. Open test ports on backflow device in order to winterize backflow device
7. Close gate valves on backflow device
Sprinkler Blowouts – Why You Should Hire a Professional Service
Even small amounts of water trapped in a valve or pipe can expand enough during freezing weather to crack and damage your sprinkler system, and using high pressured air improperly through a sprinkler system can not only damage your system, but can also be dangerous.
- Using an air compressor we will fully blow out and remove water that may be left in your pipes. This is essential to protect your system in freezing Nebraska weather.
- We will ensure that your controller and system are shut down correctly.
- Note that his procedure must be done correctly, and with the proper air pressure, or damage to your sprinkler system may result.
- The system is reviewed as it is being winterized for heads that don’t work, are too low, are obstructed by landscaping, and need spring service.
- Notes are made for items needing spring service and are shared with you.
Sprinkler System Winterizing Tips
The weather conditions each year will determine the best time to winterize your sprinkler system. Although most of the system is underground and protected until the ground freezes, external parts like the back flow preventer and blow-out port can freeze from cold overnight temperatures. You will want to keep your system running as long as possible if you have new trees or have done a fall seeding.You should winterize as soon as you are sure you no longer need continual watering.
- Complete aeration and seeding by Oct 15, and before winterizing your sprinkler system
- Check your system to make sure all zones function before winterizing
- Be sure all sprinkler heads appear to have full and even pressure indicating no heads are broken off and no pipe breaks exist.
Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service here or call 402-934-7900 to schedule your winterization today. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need.
Rainwater harvesting systems can range from a simple barrel at the bottom of a downspout to multiple cisterns with pumps and filtration.
Rain barrels and cisterns are ancient technologies and they are making a comeback as water shortages prompt homeowners to save and use rain that falls on their properties.
Rain barrels connect to downspouts to collect rainwater from roofs. The collected water has many uses.Some examples of uses for this collected rainwater are:
- Watering Lawns
- Watering Gardens
- Washing Cars
- Clean Outdoor/Patio Furniture
- Watering Indoor Plants & Potted Outdoor Plants
- Come in a great variety of colors, styles and designs to complement your home’s look.
- Are closed containers to prevent children, pets and mosquitoes from getting in.
- Have a spigot so rainwater can be easily accessed and used to water gardens and flower beds.
Rain Barrel Benefits
- Safely and efficiently reduce water use and water bills
- Protect our water supply
- Decrease storm drain floods by reducing the amount of rain that enters drains during storms
- Some plants prefer rainwater because it is chlorine-free
- Using less water in our yards conserves limited freshwater resources for future generations
When using rainwater for landscape irrigation, it is critical to be as efficient as possible. This includes applying only the amount of water that the plants need. This also means using drip irrigation. For more information on Drip irrigation and Rain Barrel installation please call Digital Rain Sprinkler Systems 402-934-7900 or visit our Website Digital Rain Sprinkler Service today.
Rooftop Rainwater Harvesting Systems
A small, but growing number of homeowners are equipping their rooftops with rain-harvesting systems that capture storm runoff and store it in tanks.
The process shown in the figure makes the collected rainwater suitable for drinking or common household use .A rainwater harvesting system can range in size and complexity. All systems have basics components, which include a catchment surface, conveyance system, storage, distribution, and treatment.
The parts shown are:
- Catchment Area
- Main Tank
- Sand Filter
- Rainwater Storage Tank
Our water supplies are limited. With more than half of outdoor water used for lawns and gardens, a few simple steps can reduce your outdoor water consumption. Water conservation has become an essential practice in all regions, even in areas where water seems abundant. In addition to saving money on your utility bill, water conservation helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
Saving water makes sense! Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service today to discuss water harvesting options.