Carl Jarl Group | Our Promise to You- Convenience – Peace of Mind – Protection<!–
Check Your Sprinklers
Regular maintenance of your system will save you water, time, and money!
Tips to increase the efficiency of your lawn watering system:
1. Regularly inspect your overall watering system for leaks, broken lines or misdirected sprinkler heads. Taking a few minutes once a month to make sure your sprinkler and/or hoses are working correctly is a crucial step to ensuring efficient water use outdoors.
2. Set it, but don’t forget it! Be sure to adjust your watering schedules throughout the summer. Not sure how? we are here to help.
3. Consider an irrigation upgrade. Don’t just guess at how much moisture your lawn needs. Trust Digital Rain Sprinkler Systems to provide you with the right amount of water every time.
4. Install a rain sensor. Rain sensors are designed to shut off sprinkler systems when rainfall reaches a preset amount, usually ¼ inch. Once the moisture level subsides, the sensor re-enables the sprinkler system, resuming the previous watering schedule
5. Choose plants and grasses that will thrive in your soil conditions. When it comes to landscaping your yard, make sure you take some time to research what plants and grasses will hold up best in your climate.
6. Work with Mother Nature, and not against her. You’d be surprised how much moisture your lawn can retain following a thorough summer rain. Make sure to set your timers and controllers properly.
Drip irrigation exceeds 90 percent efficiency whereas sprinkler systems are 50 to 70 percent efficient. It is so efficient that many water utilities exempt landscapes irrigated with drip from restrictions during drought.
* People interested in waterwise gardening should consider drip irrigation.
* Odd-shaped and narrow areas are easily irrigated with drip systems.
* Drip irrigation stretches water supplies and may be exempt from water restrictions imposed during drought.
* Drip irrigation equipment is readily available and can easily be installed.
* Common setup mistakes include not installing a filter or pressure reducer, use of overly long lengths of mainline, and adding too many drip emitters.
* Drip systems can be easily changed over time as plants grow and needs change. Use goof plugs to plug holes in mainline that are no longer needed.
* Fertigation can easily be included with minimal waste of fertilizers.
Because of the way the water is applied in a drip system, traditional surface applications of timed-release fertilizer are sometimes ineffective, so drip systems often mix liquid fertilizer with the irrigation water. This is called fertigation; fertigation and chemigation (application of pesticides and other chemicals to periodically clean out the system, such as chlorine or sulfuric acid) use chemical injectors such as diaphragm pumps, piston pumps, or aspirators. The chemicals may be added constantly whenever the system is irrigating or at intervals. Fertilizer savings of up to 95% are being reported from recent university field tests using drip fertigation and slow water delivery as compared to timed-release and irrigation by micro spray heads.
Contact us to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system.
It is time to consider that irrigation system you have been planning all winter. Choose our professional landscape and irrigation services to help you with your new sprinkler system. The experts at Digital Rain Sprinkler Service are here for you.
Some advantages of having an automatic underground irrigation system include:
- Convenience — you don’t have to spend hours manually watering your lawn and plantings
- Low water usage, no water runoff from over watering
- Extend the life of your lawn and expensive plants
- Increase the value of your home
What to expect from us:
- We will answer all your lawn and garden questions.
- We provide a detailed job estimate with specific costs and product recommendations.
- We install only top quality water-efficient systems using
the latest water saving products.
- Compliance with all local codes and regulations
- Friendly service, with a smile!
A professionally installed sprinkler system by Digital Rain Sprinkler Service is the best investment you can make to your home or business. There is not an easier or more cost effective way to increase the value and curb appeal of your property.
Our professional irrigation designers will customize a state-of-the art system for your property that will efficiently provide water; a real asset with today’s environmental concerns. Our skilled crews will then install your system with modern installation techniques that virtually eliminate any damage to your existing landscape.
Save money, save time. Time to enjoy your summer.
We’re here for you after your installation. Our relationship continues after the sale with no-hassle preventative maintenance services like annual system winterization and spring start up.
Keep in Touch – Sign up Here for our newsletter, emailed to you 3-4 times a year. Great tips, specials, and reminders.
Contact us here or call 402-934-7900 to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system.
Rainwater harvesting systems can range from a simple barrel at the bottom of a downspout to multiple cisterns with pumps and filtration.
Rain barrels and cisterns are ancient technologies and they are making a comeback as water shortages prompt homeowners to save and use rain that falls on their properties.
Rain barrels connect to downspouts to collect rainwater from roofs. The collected water has many uses.Some examples of uses for this collected rainwater are:
- Watering Lawns
- Watering Gardens
- Washing Cars
- Clean Outdoor/Patio Furniture
- Watering Indoor Plants & Potted Outdoor Plants
- Come in a great variety of colors, styles and designs to complement your home’s look.
- Are closed containers to prevent children, pets and mosquitoes from getting in.
- Have a spigot so rainwater can be easily accessed and used to water gardens and flower beds.
Rain Barrel Benefits
- Safely and efficiently reduce water use and water bills
- Protect our water supply
- Decrease storm drain floods by reducing the amount of rain that enters drains during storms
- Some plants prefer rainwater because it is chlorine-free
- Using less water in our yards conserves limited freshwater resources for future generations
When using rainwater for landscape irrigation, it is critical to be as efficient as possible. This includes applying only the amount of water that the plants need. This also means using drip irrigation. For more information on Drip irrigation and Rain Barrel installation please call Digital Rain Sprinkler Systems 402-934-7900 or visit our Website Digital Rain Sprinkler Service today.
Rooftop Rainwater Harvesting Systems
A small, but growing number of homeowners are equipping their rooftops with rain-harvesting systems that capture storm runoff and store it in tanks.
The process shown in the figure makes the collected rainwater suitable for drinking or common household use .A rainwater harvesting system can range in size and complexity. All systems have basics components, which include a catchment surface, conveyance system, storage, distribution, and treatment.
The parts shown are:
- Catchment Area
- Main Tank
- Sand Filter
- Rainwater Storage Tank
Our water supplies are limited. With more than half of outdoor water used for lawns and gardens, a few simple steps can reduce your outdoor water consumption. Water conservation has become an essential practice in all regions, even in areas where water seems abundant. In addition to saving money on your utility bill, water conservation helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
Saving water makes sense! Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service today to discuss water harvesting options.
A professionally installed, automatic sprinkler system is one of the best investments you can make in your home. There’s no easier or more cost-effective way to beautify your home, increase its value, and save yourself time and money.
Residential outdoor water use in the United States accounts for more than 9 billion gallons of water each day, mainly for landscape irrigation. Experts estimate that as much as 50 percent of this water is wasted due to over watering caused by inefficiencies in irrigation methods and systems. Irrigation control technologies can significantly reduce over watering by applying water only when plants need it.
Other Ways to Save
Smart Controllers act like a thermostat for your sprinkler system, telling it when to turn on and off. Use local weather and landscape conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site.
Water Deep Shallow watering only wets the soil surface and water doesn’t have a chance to soak in. This results in a shallow root base and allows the sun to steal your water through evaporation. The recommended amount of precipitation for lawn areas is 1/2″ of water every 3 days. The experts say 1″ of water weekly. The result is a hardy lawn with a deeper root base that is less susceptible to environmental stresses.
Consider Drip Irrigation
Studies show that drip irrigation systems use 30 – 50% less water than conventional watering methods, such as sprinklers.
Rainwater Harvesting Collecting rainwater just makes sense: It conserves a precious resource and reduces water bills, including city sewer charges. You can avoid strict watering schedules while alleviating the demand on municipal systems. Using rainwater means no chemicals have been added. It is possible to reduce your fertilizer use and stay happy and healthy!
Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system. 402-934-7900