<!–Winter and cold weather is not far off and that means it’s time to start thinking about winterizing!
<!–Winter and cold weather is not far off and that means it’s time to start thinking about winterizing!
Carl Jarl Group | Our Promise to You- Convenience – Peace of Mind – Protection<!–
Regular maintenance of your system will save you water, time, and money!
Tips to increase the efficiency of your lawn watering system:
1. Regularly inspect your overall watering system for leaks, broken lines or misdirected sprinkler heads. Taking a few minutes once a month to make sure your sprinkler and/or hoses are working correctly is a crucial step to ensuring efficient water use outdoors.
2. Set it, but don’t forget it! Be sure to adjust your watering schedules throughout the summer. Not sure how? we are here to help.
3. Consider an irrigation upgrade. Don’t just guess at how much moisture your lawn needs. Trust Digital Rain Sprinkler Systems to provide you with the right amount of water every time.
4. Install a rain sensor. Rain sensors are designed to shut off sprinkler systems when rainfall reaches a preset amount, usually ¼ inch. Once the moisture level subsides, the sensor re-enables the sprinkler system, resuming the previous watering schedule
5. Choose plants and grasses that will thrive in your soil conditions. When it comes to landscaping your yard, make sure you take some time to research what plants and grasses will hold up best in your climate.
6. Work with Mother Nature, and not against her. You’d be surprised how much moisture your lawn can retain following a thorough summer rain. Make sure to set your timers and controllers properly.
* People interested in waterwise gardening should consider drip irrigation.
* Odd-shaped and narrow areas are easily irrigated with drip systems.
* Drip irrigation stretches water supplies and may be exempt from water restrictions imposed during drought.
* Drip irrigation equipment is readily available and can easily be installed.
* Common setup mistakes include not installing a filter or pressure reducer, use of overly long lengths of mainline, and adding too many drip emitters.
* Drip systems can be easily changed over time as plants grow and needs change. Use goof plugs to plug holes in mainline that are no longer needed.
* Fertigation can easily be included with minimal waste of fertilizers.
Because of the way the water is applied in a drip system, traditional surface applications of timed-release fertilizer are sometimes ineffective, so drip systems often mix liquid fertilizer with the irrigation water. This is called fertigation; fertigation and chemigation (application of pesticides and other chemicals to periodically clean out the system, such as chlorine or sulfuric acid) use chemical injectors such as diaphragm pumps, piston pumps, or aspirators. The chemicals may be added constantly whenever the system is irrigating or at intervals. Fertilizer savings of up to 95% are being reported from recent university field tests using drip fertigation and slow water delivery as compared to timed-release and irrigation by micro spray heads.
Contact us to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system.
Yes, it is possible! Don’t be at the mercy of annoying insects, mosquitoes, no-see-ums and their painful bites.
Many mosquito problems in your neighborhood are likely to come from water-filled containers that you, the resident, can help to eliminate. All mosquitoes require water in which to breed.
Be sure to drain any standing water around your house. Even the smallest of containers that can collect water can breed hundreds to thousands of mosquitoes.They don’t need much water to lay their eggs. ( bottles, buckets, barrels, overturned trash can lids, etc.)
• Dispose of any tires.Tires can breed thousands of mosquitoes.
• Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers.
• Clear roof gutters of debris.
• Clean pet water dishes regularly.
• Check and empty children’s toys.
• Repair leaky outdoor faucets.
• Change the water in bird baths at least once a week.
• Canoes and other boats should be turned over.
• Avoid water collecting on pool covers.
• Empty water collected in tarps around the yard or on woodpiles.
• Plug tree holes.
Install an Automatic Mosquito Misting System
Professional Mosquito Misting System Installation from Digital Rain Sprinkler Service
MistAway – the revolutionary automatic mosquito misting system that effectively eliminates mosquitoes and other biting insects from your yard. There has never been a more effective outdoor mosquito control product than the MistAway Mosquito Misting System.
Leave it to the Pros!
Digital Rain Sprinkler Service technicians have been trained in the installation techniques that will yield a practically invisible, yet effective protective shield for your backyard and patio. And we have a thorough knowledge of our equipment and the range of available insecticides, along with direct access to our expertise. For most would-be owners, it just makes sense to rely on their experience to install and service the system.
There has never been a more effective outdoor mosquito control product than the MistAway Mosquito Misting System.
The automatic mosquito misting control unit – either our innovative tankless mosquito misting model or our traditional drum-based mosquito misting model – is located anywhere that is convenient to a water faucet and electrical outlet.
Our precision-engineered mosquito misting nozzles are installed about every 10-15 feet around the perimeter of your property; on fence lines, trees and risers positioned in the landscaping for a mosquito-free yard.
The misting unit’s electronic controller is programmed to automatically initiate a 30 – 60 second mosquito-killing mist around dawn and again at dusk, when the mosquitoes are most active and other beneficial insects – like bees and butterflies – are not.
The fine mist drifts around the property and settles on the grass and landscaping, killing any mosquito that comes in contact with it. MistAway’s mosquito misting systems can also help control other unwanted insects, like spiders, flies, gnats and no-see-ums.
The Mist Away Mosquito Misting Systems works automatically or with a handheld remote and provides worry free outdoor mosquito control. You’ll never again have to spray your kids with messy repellents, or remember to fog your backyard before an evening cookout.
Visit our website for more information, or call 402-934-7900 now to get started!
Life is too short to feel uncomfortable in your own backyard. With a MistAway Misting System from Digital Rain Sprinkler Service, you won’t have to.
Get started the right way! Call us now at 402-934-7900 or contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service .
We recommend our spring start-up service to get your sprinkler and irrigation system up and running for the season. Winter ground heaving, snowfall, and snow removal can all take a toll on the functions of your sprinkler heads. Our Spring Start-up service inspects for all the issues winter leaves behind.
When should you have your sprinkler system turned on? Scheduling your spring start-up depends on the weather conditions and your individual watering needs. Usually any time after the third week of March is a safe bet for starting up your sprinkler system. Please call early in the season to schedule your lawn sprinkler start-up; the best time to tune up your system is before you need it.
In order to ensure there are no water leaks, breaks or cracks, or clogs in the systems, irrigation systems should ideally be checked annually, usually in spring or early summer.
Remember, it is always best to hire a qualified professional contractor when performing tasks like Spring Start-Up. Digital Rain Sprinkler System technicians are experts in proper sprinkler system requirements. Our maintenance schedule will ensure a water-efficient system and years of trouble-free operation.
Contact us here or call 402-934-7900 to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system.
The durability of your sprinkler system is determined by the care it is given. If your sprinkler pipes freeze during the winter because they were not properly winterized, there is a chance that your pipes will either crack or your sprinkler heads will become damaged.
What We Do :
Our technicians will turn off the water supply, clear and prepare all the lines to prevent freezing, and leakage. The cost to make repairs on systems which have frozen is great and a bit of prevention each fall will ensure you are leak-free and ready to water your lawn and landscape in the spring.
1. Shut off water pressure to your irrigation system
2. Open main drain valve to drain out main line
3. Open drain valve inside electric valve box to drain lateral lines
4. Manually open all electronic valves to allow lateral lines to drain into mainline
5. Keep valve solenoids and bleeder valves open for winter
6. Open test ports on backflow device in order to winterize backflow device
7. Close gate valves on backflow device
Sprinkler Blowouts – Why You Should Hire a Professional Service
Even small amounts of water trapped in a valve or pipe can expand enough during freezing weather to crack and damage your sprinkler system, and using high pressured air improperly through a sprinkler system can not only damage your system, but can also be dangerous.
Sprinkler System Winterizing Tips
The weather conditions each year will determine the best time to winterize your sprinkler system. Although most of the system is underground and protected until the ground freezes, external parts like the back flow preventer and blow-out port can freeze from cold overnight temperatures. You will want to keep your system running as long as possible if you have new trees or have done a fall seeding.You should winterize as soon as you are sure you no longer need continual watering.
Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service here or call 402-934-7900 to schedule your winterization today. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need.
A professionally installed, automatic sprinkler system is one of the best investments you can make in your home. There’s no easier or more cost-effective way to beautify your home, increase its value, and save yourself time and money.
Residential outdoor water use in the United States accounts for more than 9 billion gallons of water each day, mainly for landscape irrigation. Experts estimate that as much as 50 percent of this water is wasted due to over watering caused by inefficiencies in irrigation methods and systems. Irrigation control technologies can significantly reduce over watering by applying water only when plants need it.
Other Ways to Save
Smart Controllers act like a thermostat for your sprinkler system, telling it when to turn on and off. Use local weather and landscape conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site.
Water Deep Shallow watering only wets the soil surface and water doesn’t have a chance to soak in. This results in a shallow root base and allows the sun to steal your water through evaporation. The recommended amount of precipitation for lawn areas is 1/2″ of water every 3 days. The experts say 1″ of water weekly. The result is a hardy lawn with a deeper root base that is less susceptible to environmental stresses.
Consider Drip Irrigation
Studies show that drip irrigation systems use 30 – 50% less water than conventional watering methods, such as sprinklers.
Rainwater Harvesting Collecting rainwater just makes sense: It conserves a precious resource and reduces water bills, including city sewer charges. You can avoid strict watering schedules while alleviating the demand on municipal systems. Using rainwater means no chemicals have been added. It is possible to reduce your fertilizer use and stay happy and healthy!
Contact Digital Rain Sprinkler Service to schedule a free estimate on a system install or to find out what you can do to make your existing system more efficient. We welcome commercial and residential clients. We are always more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and to provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision when purchasing your new system. 402-934-7900